ABOUT THE GNEIS STONE
Gneiss is a common and widespread type of rock belonging to metamorphic rocks with a high degree of regional metamorphism. Gneiss is usually composed of feldspar, garnet, andalusite, quartz and mica. The color of the rocks is determined by the minerals they contain. According to their origin, they are divided into orthognais and paragnais. These are coarse-grained (up to several millimeters in size) with striped and shale texture rocks. They are the fundamental rock for the Eastern Rhodopes (Ivaylovgrad region) . The stone from this area has proven qualities and strength. It is one of the most used in construction for cladding, flooring, masonry, decoration and much more.
Advantages of the gneiss stone offered by us
- Its mineral composition and almost zero hygroscopicity protects it from the appearance and spread of unpleasant lichens, mosses and fungi, which often occur in concrete pavements, porous and sandy natural stones and others.
- Resistance to weather conditions, salts and chemicals used to clean roads in winter.
- Quality gneiss has the same compressive strength and low wear resistance as granite and marble, which is about 6 times larger than sandstone and much larger than ceramic tiles and flooring.
- Our gneiss does not need additional processing with varnishes and impregnants in order to preserve its qualities and appearance over time, so it is more profitable than some other products with a lower price but additional maintenance costs.
- All our products are made of 100% natural stone and can be used repeatedly. After disassembly, the stones must be cleaned and washed with warm water using a wire brush (manual or mechanical) before reassembly to remove the remnants of adhesives and other materials.